Bissell Multipurpose 3-In-1 Stick Vacuum
Last updated date: September 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
- Our Take
- From The Manufacturer
- Expert Reviews
- Overall Ranking
- Our Stick Vacuum Buying Guide
- Our Stick Vacuum Tip and Advice
We looked at the top Stick Vacuums and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we’ve determined the best Stick Vacuum you should buy.
Update as September 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Stick Vacuum for a detailed review of all the top stick vacuums.
If you’re looking for a lightweight stick vacuum that doesn’t lack power, this is the model for you. In fact, this vacuum can be used as a stick vacuum, handle vacuum or a stair vacuum. Available colors include blue, purple, lime and black.
In our analysis of 62 expert reviews, the Bissell Multipurpose 3-In-1 Stick Vacuum placed 1st when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Color:Blue The Featherweight lightweight stick vacuum gives you convenient and effective cleaning on carpets, area rugs, bare floors, stairs, upholstery and more! it easily converts from a stick vacuum to a hand vacuum to clean anywhere in your home. Because the Featherweight is ultra-lightweight and compact it is easy to use and easy to store.
Expert Summarized Score
4 expert reviews
User Summarized Score
2,134 user reviews
What experts liked
Compact, lightweight vacuum that’s easy to maneuver. Converts to a handheld vacuum. Crevice tool included. Powerful enough to pick up pet hair and stuck-on debris. Quiet operation.
| Full review
Very light at only 5 pounds and versatile enough to clean stairs and upholstery thanks to the detachable wand.
– Best Cordless Vacuum Guide
December 3, 2018 | Full review
This fits the bill perfectly. This little machine is not noisy and picks up great.
– New York Mag
August 22, 2018 | Full review
What experts didn’t like
The power cord is only 15′ long. Small vacuum head means it takes longer to cover a large room.
| Full review
No switch on the handle – you’ll have to bend over and flick the switch on the handheld part of it. The lever that holds the cord does not fold so you’ll waste a bit of time unwrapping the cord from it.
– Best Cordless Vacuum Guide
December 3, 2018 | Full review
The cord on this unit could have been longer.
– New York Mag
August 22, 2018 | Full review
1. Bissell Multipurpose 3-In-1 Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 9.6
2. Eureka Upright LED Headlights Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 9.0
3. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8.7
4. INSE HEPA Filter One-Handed Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8.5
5. Tineco A11 Hero Multi-Surface Cordless Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8.2
6. Eureka Blaze XL Customizable Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8.2
7. Dyson V7 Motorhead Cord Free Quick Clean Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8.1
8. Hoover Linx Extreme Recline Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8.1
9. MOOSOO XL-618A Handheld Powerful Suction Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8. 0
10. Hoover Impulse Bagged Multi-Floor Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 8.0
11. Dyson Cyclone V10 Motorhead Non-Motorized Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 7.8
12. Bissell Cyclonic Maneuverable Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 7.5
13. VonHaus Compact HEPA Sponge Stick Vacuum
Overall Score: 7.0
As hardwood floors become increasingly sought after in American homes, the stick vacuum has emerged as the cleaning solution of choice for many. A slimmed-down sister of the old upright vacuum, it does the hard work of tidying up floors without that bulky bag or the bulky profile. The first stick vacuums could store easily in even the smallest closet, and while they couldn’t boast the pickup power of the big uprights, they worked just fine for tile or hardwood. They could also handle tiny crevices and corners with greater agility.
Vacuum technology has come a long way in the last couple of decades, to the point where the best stick vacuums are perfectly capable of picking up dirt from just about any surface — rugs, carpets or upholstery. Most models now can toggle between modes for cleaning carpets or bare floors. The main difference is typically a stiff-bristled rotating brush, which helps loosen deep-seated carpet dirt. On wood floors, it not only scatters that same dirt but can sometimes harm sensitive surfaces, so choose your setting accordingly.
The initial draw of the stick vacuum — portability — has likewise improved. Even budget models are now cordless, allowing you the freedom to clean floors, ceilings or patios without worrying where the plug is. Battery life is always a concern, but just mount it for a recharge and you’re ready to go again.
Many modern stick vacuums don’t even need to be confined to the house, thanks to their modular sensibility. Vacuums like the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Corded Bagless Vacuum are light enough in their normal configuration, but you can also detach the vacuum from the floor cleaner. Snap on one of a series of attachments, and you’ve got an effective handheld cleaner that can tackle car interiors or other tough-to-reach areas.
Finally, one of the same things that make stick vacuums so sleek also makes it more sanitary. Instead of the bag container of the classic upright vacuum, stick vacuums trap the dirt they capture in a cup — typically near the handle at the top. This container isn’t as roomy as that of an upright vacuum, meaning you’ll need to empty it more often. But when you do, it will generally mean less mess. Some vacuums double down on that cleanliness with a HEPA filter that traps tiny particles and allergens, but the thickness of that filter can reduce suction power in budget models.
- The No. 1 concern for anyone buying a vacuum, stick or otherwise, is going to be suction. It’s a difficult thing to quantify, as there’s still no generally accepted measurement of vacuum effectiveness. Not to mention, the fact that suction isn’t consistent even on the best vacuums. It can vary with the type of surface being cleaned, how full the dirt container is or how often the filter has been cleaned. Horsepower is also a good ballpark measurement, and user reviews can be helpful in determining how well a vacuum works and what type of surfaces it handles best.
- Portability can also be a big concern. Stick vacuums are a favorite in many households primarily because they can maneuver under couches and coffee tables or even into ceiling corners — areas that upright units can’t easily reach. Cordless vacuums can be especially helpful for this, but you’ll want to bear the weight in mind, especially for older users.
- If you’re choosing a cordless vacuum, research the battery life. The batteries on these vacuums are typically rechargeable, but larger houses may need more than one charge to get the job done. Some models have a removable battery, and you can even upgrade to a spare one that can be recharged while you run the original.
- Depending on what you plan to use it for, attachments can make all the difference. Stick vacuums are versatile to begin with, but many have the added bonus of detaching from the floor cleaner and transforming into a handheld device. From there, you can pop on attachments like brushes or crevice tools to tackle upholstery, car seats or fan blades — if those extras are available for your vacuum.
- Allergy sufferers are going to want effective suction (and maybe a HEPA filter for severe cases), but they will also want to make sure all those particles and dirt can be emptied out without getting it all over their hands. In that case, look for a detachable cup that can be easily cleaned or a container that can be emptied without even touching the lid. Container capacity can be another big plus, ensuring that it won’t need to be emptied as often.
- You and your floors may love a vacuum with a lot of horsepower, but your sleeping child may not. Some vacuums are definitely louder than others, so if you have sensitive roommates or children, do your research.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
BISSELL 3-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner 2030
Join the BISSELL Rewards program and earn points toward exclusive discounts. Earning points is easy. Just register BISSELL products, make online purchases, and participate in special events and online activities. You can keep track of purchases and easily reorder replacement items (filters, mop pads) on your personalized My Account page. Plus, you’ll enjoy expedited customer service. Now, cleaning is more rewarding than ever!
Earning points is easy.
- Sign Up
- Complete your BISSELL personal profile.
- Purchase and register BISSELL Products.
- Keep track of your Reward Points at My Rewards
When you make a purchase at bissell.com, your points are automatically entered. If you purchased your product or consumable somewhere other than bissell.com, you can register it on bissell.com up to 90 days after purchase to receive your Rewards Program points. Make sure that you create an account during registration so that future purchases will automatically give you the benefits you have earned!
Rewards Rules and Regulations
1. How much does shipping cost?
We offer free standard shipping on all orders over $50 on bissell.com! No coupon code is needed.
Here are rates for other order amounts, and shipping methods:
|Up to $4.99
|$5 – $19.99
|$20 – $49.99
|$50 – $99.99
|$100 – $229.99
2. When will my order arrive?
Most orders ship same-day if placed by 2pm ET. After adding items to your shopping cart, you will able to choose from two shipping options:
3-4 Business Days
2-3 Business Days
3-4 Business Days
2-3 Business Days
3. What are considered business days?
Business days include Monday – Friday and exclude Holidays.
Typical Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
4. When will I receive my tracking number?
Tracking numbers are sent in an email 24-48 hours after your order ships. This delay allows the shipment to be processed by the shipment carrier’s website. Your order should still arrive within the original estimated window. The email will arrive with the subject, “Your BISSELL shipping confirmation”.
You can also visit the Order Search page anytime to find the latest status of your order, including its tracking number once it has shipped.
5. Will my entire order arrive in one shipment?
Multi-item orders may require shipments from multiple warehouse locations, so you may receive some items separately. Details for each shipment will be provided by email and will be available on the Order Search page.
6. What about orders outside of the continental US?
Standard shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and Virgin Islands will arrive within 15 business days.
7. What about military addresses?
If you have a P.O. Box, an APO or a military address, you will need to place your order by contacting support.
BISSELL.com’s return policy is simple and convenient:
If you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, return your item(s) in its original packaging with all accessories, manuals, and parts, for a refund. You have 30 days from the delivery date of your original purchase to make a return*.
You can arrange for at-home pick-up of your return
Pay just $4.95 in return shipping
- This return policy is for merchandise purchased directly from bissell.com only and does not override any retail establishments return policy
- BISSELL only accepts returns that have been shipped using the official return process. Please DO NOT return your items in person to any BISSELL offices, outlet stores or distribution centers.
Full Return Instructions and Refund Details: Learn more
*Note: Cleaning formula purchases cannot be returned or refunded. Some products feature a 60-day return policy: models 2283, 22839, and 2596.
*Note: Donation is non-refundable.
Vacuum cleaner Bissell 17132 (Crosswave) owner reviews 💕
— The review was written for those who are thinking about buying a product, therefore it is voluminous and meticulous —
Lasted a month before writing. I think enough time has passed to make a more or less logical conclusion about the vacuum cleaner.
– Noise: Honestly, I do not understand those who say that the vacuum cleaner is noisy. Apparently compared with anything or with a refrigerator. The vacuum cleaner is noisy within the noise of conventional vacuum cleaners. When compared with vacuum cleaners with a reduced noise level, it can be. In any case, I would not vacuum with any vacuum cleaner after 22-23 hours, so as not to disturb the neighbors.
– Ease of use: Indeed, if the vacuum cleaner is assembled in working condition, then there is nothing left but to turn it on and generally enjoy cleaning. Probably, compared to other detergents, it is really the most convenient, but it is still far from a regular mop. If you adapt, then the cord also does not interfere.
– Fairly easy washing: I won’t paint especially, it is easy to clean. I’d better sign the cons of washing in the shortcomings.
– Pretty good cleans: For its size – it’s powerful. If he met a rug, then he raises it, so as not to tear it off. You have to hold the carpet with one foot, move the vacuum cleaner with both hands, as this sweet couple is hard to separate. Cleans hard floors well. Precisely good – it sucks up dust and moisturizes the surface, dries well, but if there is dirt that has stagnated for a long time – hello manual cleaning. However, wanting to remove stubborn stains from a vacuum cleaner (in a laminate) is too optimistic. Just sticky spots after a couple of passes erases well.
– Small and agile: If you have seen other washing vacuum cleaners, then I think it is not necessary to explain what size they are, even if they are small. This vacuum cleaner only takes up space. In addition, from the aesthetic side, placing it in a corner will not spoil the general appearance of the apartment.
– Suitable for general cleaning: If you clear the path of obstacles, then it is quite an excellent ASSISTANT for general cleaning. Why an assistant – read further in the shortcomings.
— I want to warn you that the disadvantages are mostly squeezed out of your finger, they are more informative in nature – what to expect from a vacuum cleaner or not to expect —
– Everyday life: No matter how they advertise the vacuum cleaner and talk about convenience, if I spilled or stained something – it’s much more convenient to get a mop than to wash the vacuum cleaner later. So do not rush to throw your mops with a spear. Buy them a new cloth and keep it not so far from the vacuum cleaner.
– Washing the vacuum cleaner: From pluses to minuses. Despite the fact that it washes many times better than other washing vacuum cleaners, the very fact of washing remains. That is, if you are thinking of vacuuming, you need to mentally prepare for the subsequent washing of the vacuum cleaner. That’s where all the convenience comes from. It seems to be too dreary for everyday life, but easy for general cleaning. Only in the first case you will take a mop, and in the case of the gene. cleaning already mentally prepared to get dirty in the mud and wash the vacuum cleaner will not be a surprise. Here, other washing vacuum cleaners will benefit from a variety of attachments. Our vacuum cleaner is only for the floor and carpets (maybe someone will manage to wash the sofa).
– Cord: I wrote in the pros that if you adapt, then it’s normal. But still, he interferes, even with his being in his hands. It is a pity that in all such vacuum cleaners there is no automatic twisting. In general – and it’s hard to call it a minus, imagine holding the phone in your other hand while cleaning – about the same.
– Expensive detergent: 1 liter is enough for about 8 cleanings.
– Cleaning: The plinth is not his. Approximately 1.5 cm from the baseboards is also not his. Anything less than the width of the brush is logical that it is not. Very low furniture is also not a strong point. In general, all the minuses for cleaning are only in maneuverability, and even then the engineers did a lot. If it seems to someone that the power is not enough, then yes, it does not lift the laminate.
– This is a vacuum cleaner for the floor and carpets on the floor. If with another vacuum cleaner it is possible to suck in dust, dirt, etc. from hard-to-reach places, then this is not the case here. In a good way, this vacuum cleaner needs another ordinary one for such places.
— Now for the courageous respondents. My Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations and Other Thoughts —
1) Washing the vacuum cleaner. The instructions say that only the filter should be washed with a cleaning agent. In fact, I would wash everything with a sponge and soap/dish detergent. For example, a roller (aka a brush), if washed with soap and water, will give out a lot of dirt from itself. If you just rinse it, as per the instructions, it remains dirty and dark. I doubt that because of the soap, the roller will lose its properties. It will definitely be cleaner. If you just rinse the containers, then dirty spots will remain over time. However, if this is not important for someone, then just rinsing is easy. I’m still wiping the bottom of the vacuum cleaner, there are dirty wheels and an elastic band. For some reason, there is nothing about this in the instructions either.
The best way for me: first, rinse the vacuum cleaner with a light cleaning (water is poured into the stand, the vacuum cleaner turns on for 15 seconds and it washes itself) – this way the main dirt is removed + the hose inside the vacuum cleaner is washed, after light cleaning I wash everything else manually.
2) Here, IMHO, the detergent sampler in the kit is more concentrated. After washing, they can roll on the floor, and the whole apartment smells good. If you buy a detergent separately (1 liter), it seems that it smells weaker and washes differently – again, IMHO.
3) From analogs to the vacuum cleaner – only similar Phillips. But judging by the reviews, it is made of paper. There are two rollers spinning opposite each other, which should potentially wash better. Less agile. Costs more. Yes, and I have a bad attitude towards Philips (whatever I bought, it worked exactly until the end of the warranty period with excellent care).
4) Yet if you take a vacuum cleaner for gene. cleaning, look towards less expensive and more stuffed vacuum cleaners. Better – come to the store, pick it up and imagine your apartment. I have almost all the floors hard, there are a few rugs. Vacuuming such carpets is inconvenient, but a matter of technology.
The review is not anonymous. If you have any questions – please send me an email. I am satisfied with the purchase.
the perfect home helper / Comfortable Home and Home Appliances / iXBT Live
The perfect home washer vacuum cleaner – I present a review of the excellent Bissell Crosswave model. This is a cordless (battery) vacuum cleaner for wet and dry cleaning with a self-cleaning station. Thoughtful design, extremely convenient maintenance, affordable consumables – all this once and for all makes you forget about the mop and house cleaning. The vacuum cleaner is able to clean carpets and scrub dried stains, as well as self-cleaning rollers.
So, in today’s review we will talk about an extremely interesting model of a wet vacuum cleaner – Bissell Crosswave. It is a popular brand with a full line of carpet cleaners and deep carpet cleaners that actually delivers on the performance they claim. Initially, the choice was between washing models Karcher FC7 (wireless) and Tineco (also wireless). Of course, there are also wired Karcher FC5 models and the same Bissell, but one of the important criteria was ease of cleaning. And you can’t run far with a wire – usually the length of the power cord is 5-7 meters, after cleaning it needs to be untangled and put away somewhere. And with battery models it is much easier. Moreover, Bissell Crosswave has a whole station for cleaning rollers and recharging. No less important was the criterion of ease of maintenance – without expensive consumables, without complex disassembly or problematic cleaning of the vacuum cleaner itself. And Bissell excels at this.
Type: Wet Vacuum Cleaner
Motor Power: 250W
Water Tank: 0.82 L
Collection Tank waste: 0.62 l
Control box protection : IPX4
Operating time: up to 25 min / up to 35 minutes depending on the mode
Self-cleaning function: Yes
Noise level: up to 80 dB
Weight: 4.3 kg
The vacuum cleaner is delivered with the handle removed, assembled. The box is relatively compact, inside there is a cleaning / charging station, as well as a liter of branded detergent.
The size of the vacuum cleaner including the handle is about 118 x 33 x 35 cm, the rather large main unit in which the motor is installed, as well as both containers, catches the eye. The vacuum cleaner weighs about 4.3 kg (excluding liquids).
The clean water tank is mounted at the top rear and the dirty water tank is mounted at the bottom of the front of the housing, directly above the cleaning head. A second handle is provided for carrying on the case.
Proudly displays the CrossWave Cordless logo on the front. And the case itself is made in an aggressive style – Bissell’s industrial design is at a high level. That is why the vacuum cleaner can be considered as a gift to a loved one or colleague. Yes, and a good option for a housewarming party.
The complete instruction is made like a comic – in pictures. In principle, there is nothing incomprehensible when working and maintaining a vacuum cleaner. Fill with clean water and washing liquid, vacuum, then rinse the working parts and dry.
This bottle of branded detergent is included in the kit. It is a concentrate based on purified water and surfactants. As I understand it, you can purchase either the same tool, or a similar one with a similar composition.
The principle of operation is based on cleaning the surface with wet rollers that rotate continuously.
In total, there are two modes of cleaning intensity – for hard surfaces (laminate, linoleum, tiles) and for carpets (carpets, paths, carpet, etc.).
A jet of clean water and detergent is sprayed into the cleaning head when the button is pressed. The rollers rub off the dirt, and then wring out the mechanism. Dirty water is collected in a special container. The container for collecting dirty water is quite voluminous, there is a coarse filter, a fine filter and a HEPA filter. Everything is perfectly washed and collected after cleaning and drying.
The cleaning head is disassembled in an elementary way – just pull the cover towards you. Then it will be possible to remove, rinse and wring out the roller. The dirty water tank is also easy to remove and wash.
Charging station included. Powered by the mains, recharges the battery of the vacuum cleaner itself. At the same time it serves as a storage organizer and functions as a trough for squeezing rollers in self-cleaning mode.
The manufacturer suggests storing accessories in this way. The benefit of additional nozzles-heads is not provided.
For self-cleaning, it is enough to hold the corresponding button for 15 seconds. First you need to pour the cleaning agent into the pan.
Before work, fill the clean water tank in the proportions specified in the instructions. Please note that there are marks for a small room (up to 27 sq. M.) And for a large one (up to 50 sq. M.).
It is difficult to catch the process of water supply in the photo, but it goes something like this: the nozzles spray clean water onto the rollers, the rollers wet the surface, they capture the already dirty water with particles of debris and dust, are squeezed out, and the dirty water flows up through the pipe into a special container to collect waste water. Large debris in the tank is retained by a coarse filter, then fine cleaning (mesh) takes place, and the air itself is filtered by a Hepa filter.
It is advisable to carry out dry cleaning beforehand, but the vacuum cleaner copes with small and large debris perfectly – everything settles in the dirty water tank.
The “Rug area” cleaning mode is designed for cleaning piled surfaces (carpets, runners, rugs) – in this case, a little less water is dosed. In the “Hard area” cleaning mode, more water is supplied, cleaning is more intensive. This mode is suitable for ceramic flooring, linoleum, etc.
Before cleaning with BISSELL CrossWave, it makes sense to first run with a simple vacuum cleaner (for dry cleaning) so that the rollers are less polluted with dust.
Despite the dimensions of the main unit, the vacuum cleaner is very manoeuvrable. Can be tilted, rotated, cleaned in corners, next to furniture, etc. Very comfortably.
Fluid is dispensed by pressing a button in the handle. When applying, you can see the splashing of clean water on the rollers (with illumination) and the intensive collection of dirty water through the central channel. After vacuuming, the surface is slightly damp and dries quickly.
Example of the status of the dirty water compartment after cleaning. And this is taking into account the preliminary dry cleaning with a Dyson vacuum cleaner. So definitely such a washing vacuum cleaner is a must have at home.
After cleaning I return the vacuum cleaner to the base. You need to install carefully and without effort, as electrical contacts are connected. Full charge time is 4 hours.
Compared to BISSELL CrossWave Cordless – Dyson V10 vacuum cleaner (dry). By the way, the Dyson vacuum cleaner also knows how to clean floors, but I will talk about this a little later. As you can see, the BISSELL vacuum cleaner looks more massive and heavier, mainly due to the cleaning unit. But in terms of cleaning, BISSELL gives better results.
Also for comparison – a new and good model Dreame Cordless Vacuum T30. Powerful cordless dry vacuum cleaner. Alas, on Dreame I did not meet washing nozzles.
I will complete the review with a comparison with a similar model Tineco iFLOOR 3. This is the same washing vacuum cleaner, differing in details. Also cleans up well. I note the quieter work of Tineco in terms of noise.
Video test drive of the Bissel vacuum cleaner. You can compare the noise level with the analogue from Tineco.
I liked the BISSELL CrossWave Cordless (2872N) vacuum cleaner. With him, it somehow became more fun to be killed in the house. Cleaning is no problem – wash the rollers, dirty water tank, and dry. Then install in place. It makes sense to purchase spare filters / rollers so that while the old ones dry, the new ones can be safely removed. Of course, it is optional to have a washing robot vacuum cleaner, then it will be easier to keep the room clean.