Plantronics C052 Troubleshooting Guide
My battery is no longer holding a charge
1. On the back of the charging base, there’s a switch for narrowband and wideband. Change this setting to the opposite side for narrowband mode and see if that helps.
2. If you’ve had your headset 2+ years you’ll want a replacement battery. Click here for the Plantronics C052 battery replacement guide.
I can’t hear a dial tone in the headset
1. Make sure your headset is setup correct depending on the desk phone you’re connecting with.
Plantronics C052 setup guide WITH headset port
Plantronics C052 setup guide WITHOUT headset port
2. On the bottom of your charging base there’s an A-G switch. In 9 out of 10 cases, setting A is the correct setting. For Cisco phones connecting to the headset port you’ll select setting D.
I can hear but can’t be heard
- Make sure you have your headset setup in the proper configuration (Follow either guide above based on your desk phone.
- If you’re heard but it’s very faint, adjust your microphone on the bottom of the C052 charging base
I can only hear static
1. Move your charging base a few inches away from your desk phone.
2. Go through a full reset (Full reset guide for C052)
I have an echo in my C052 headset
Echo is highly common in a wireless headset and can be resolved with a few adjustments.
1. On the bottom of your charging base set the A-G switch on A
2. Set the microphone and speaker switch to setting 2
3. Turn your desk phone volume down to 50-70% volume
4. If the echo is gone but now you need to hear louder, adjust your volume controls one at a time. On the bottom of the base set the speaker to 3, and click your headset up a couple levels and see if that’s better. If not, contact us.
The sound is distorted
1. Turn your desk phone volume down to 50-70% (max volume will cause distortion)
2. Click the volume minus button on your headset 2-3 clicks
3. On the bottom of the charging base, set your mic and speaker volumes to setting 2 and see if that helps
I’m not able to answer/end calls away from the phone
Investing in a wireless headset you would think your C052 headset has this feature built in, but it doesn’t because of all the different phones available. That being said, depending on the make/model of your phone will require a Lifter or EHS cable accessory to go with your C052 for this feature.
Contact us to verify the compatible accessory for your phone.
Callers can hear everything in my background
1. On the bottom of the charging base, turn your microphone down 1-2 levels and see if this helps
2. Bend the microphone boom so it’s closer to the corner of your mouth
*If neither of these steps work, you may need an upgraded headset with a better noise canceling mic*
Plantronics CS520 manual
Tags: C052, Plantronics c052, Plantronics c052 troubleshooting, Plantronics cs510 troubleshooting, Plantronics cs520 manual, Plantronics cs520 troubleshooting
Previous articleNext article
Need help finding the best headset for your situation?
Hey, I’m David Merritt. I’m determined to help you find the best headset for your unique situation.
Contact Us Today
Plantronics CS510, C052 and CS520 Wireless Headset Setup WITHOUT Heads
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- AC Power Adapter
- Wireless Headset Top
- Wireless Headset Charging Base
- Telephone Interface Cable
BASE AND HEADSET BUTTONS
On the bottom of your charging base is a microphone and speaker adjustment and an A-G compatibility switch. Most phones require you to stay on setting A.
SETUP FOR PHONE WITHOUT A HEADSET PORT
STEP 1 Locate the AC Power Adapter and plug it into your wall power outlet. Plug the other end into the back of your C052 charging base as shown.
Place the wireless headset earpiece into the charging cradle and allow it to charge for a minimum of twenty (20) minutes.
Unplug your telephone handset from the base of your phone. Included with your Plantronics headset is a phone cord. Plug the big end into the Plantronics C052 charging base and plug the other end into the HANDSET port of your desk phone.
Plug the telephone handset coil cord into the square box in the middle of the telephone interface cable.
Place the telephone handset into the cradle of the telephone, (hang up the phone).
NOTE: If you would like to answer your phone calls when away from your desk, you’ll need an optional Handset Lifter or Electronic Hookswitch Cable (EHS Cable). Contact us today for assistance in locating the correct remote call answer device.
USING YOUR HEADSET
Now that your headset is setup, here’s some step-by-step instructions on how to use it to make a phone call.
Put the headset on and press the call control button located on the side of the earpiece. This is the small oblong shaped button on the side of the headset top . Press it once to turn on the headset.
Take the telephone handset out of the cradle and place it on the desktop.
At this time, you should hear a dial tone in the headset earpiece
Dial the desired phone number and have a conversation as normal. Make sure that the microphone tip is located approximately two fingers width from the corner of your mouth.
When you finish your phone call, take the telephone handset receiver and hang it up.
If you have additional calls to make, return to “step 2” and continue through step 5.
If you don’t have any further calls to make, make sure the telephone handset is hung up and then return your headset earpiece to the headset charging cradle, or keep it on until your next call.
Now that your headset is set up, does everything work correctly and sound great? If not, refer to the suggestions below to help troubleshoot.
NO DIAL TONE
After making a test call, did you NOT hear a dial tone? If not, try the troubleshooting ideas below to help resolve this.
- Double check to make sure that you have everything connected as per the setup instructions.
- Make sure that ALL cords are pushed in fully and have “snapped” into place.
- Locate the compatibility switch and while on a call, move it to other positions until you hear a dial tone.
When making your test call, you may hear static. If you do, try the troubleshooting tips below.
- Locate the compatibility switch on the bottom of the charging base and while on a call, move it to the other positions until the static is cleared up.
- Try removing the battery from the headset earpiece. Once removed, wait for a minute and then reinstall the battery.
- If items 1 and 2 above don’t work, try removing the battery and unplugging the power from the wall outlet. Wait for a minute and then reinstall the battery, place it into the charging cradle and then plug the AC Power Adapter back into the wall power outlet.
If you hear echo when on a call, the steps below should help to resolve this condition.
- Locate the volume adjustment on your TELEPHONE. Set this to about the midpoint (half way between high and low).
- On the bottom of the charging base, locate the red dial that has an icon of a microphone. Set this on the number 2.
- Make sure that the microphone tip is approximately two fingers width from the corner of your mouth. Having the microphone too close or too far from your mouth can cause sound quality issues.
- Try resetting your headset. This is done by removing the battery from the headset earpiece, unplugging the AC Power Adapter from the wall power outlet and then waiting for a minute.