“House” Safe (TV Episode 2006)
- Cast & crew
- User reviews
- Episode aired Apr 4, 2006
6 months after a teenage girl crushes her chest in a car accident and receives a heart transplant she goes into anaphylactic shock in her clean room bedroom after her boyfriend almost kisses… Read all6 months after a teenage girl crushes her chest in a car accident and receives a heart transplant she goes into anaphylactic shock in her clean room bedroom after her boyfriend almost kisses her and discovers something on her arm.6 months after a teenage girl crushes her chest in a car accident and receives a heart transplant she goes into anaphylactic shock in her clean room bedroom after her boyfriend almost kisses her and discovers something on her arm.
- Félix Enríquez Alcalá
- David Shore
- Peter Blake
- Sara Hess
- Hugh Laurie
- Lisa Edelstein
- Omar Epps
- Dr. Gregory House
- Dr. Lisa Cuddy
- Dr. Eric Foreman
Robert Sean Leonard
- Dr. James Wilson
- Dr. Allison Cameron
- Dr. Robert Chase
- Melinda Bardach
- Barbara Bardach
- Lewis Bardach
- John ‘Scottie’ Ferguson
- (archive footage)
- Félix Enríquez Alcalá
- David Shore
- Peter Blake
- Sara Hess
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
Did you know
Dr. Gregory House: You wake up in the morning, your paint’s peeling, your curtains are gone and the water is boiling. Which problem do you deal with first?
Dr. Eric Foreman: House!
Dr. Gregory House: None of them! The building’s on fire!
Features Vertigo (1958)
Pain In My Heart
Written by Allen Toussaint
Performed by Otis Redding
overall a good episode
I’m such a nerd for getting exited over this but House living in 221B just made this show 100 times better for me.
- Jun 4, 2021
Sign in to rate and Watchlist for personalized recommendations
- Release date
- April 4, 2006 (United States)
- Country of origin
- United States
- Filming locations
- Stage 10, 20th Century Fox Studios – 10201 Pico Blvd. , Century City, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Production companies
- Heel & Toe Films
- Shore Z Productions
- Bad Hat Harry Productions
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
- Sound mix
- Aspect ratio
- 1.78 : 1
Contribute to this page
Suggest an edit or add missing content
More to explore
You have no recently viewed pages
Liberty Safe Accessories – Door Panels, Locks, Covers, and More
Liberty Safe Accessories – Door Panels, Locks, Covers, and More
Skip to content
Extended Lock Warranty
Electrical Outlet Kit
Liberty Safe Tumbler
Liberty Safe Koozie
PEET Air-Circulating Dehumidifier
Clearview Electrical LED Wand Light Kit
Security and Care
Electrical Outlet Kit
Humidity and Temperature Monitor
Safe Anchoring Kit For Concrete Including Drill Bit
Safe Anchoring Kit For Wood Floor Including Drill Bit
Riser Stackable Gun Safe Savers
Black Powder Enclosed Sticker
Liberty Gun Safe Door Panel Organizer
AR-15 Mag Holder
Liberty Pistol Rack
Orange Rifle Rods
Magnet Gun Caddy 2PK
Clearview Electrical LED Wand Light Kit
Glowflex Safe Lights
Brightview Safe Light Kit
PEET Air-Circulating Dehumidifier
Dry Rod Dehumidifier
Desiccant Moisture Absorber for Safes
Handgun Vault Accessories
HDX DC Adapter
Magnetic Handgun Cases
Retractable Cable Lock
Always Protected is a commitment Liberty Safe builds into every product we produce. Well designed with innovative features, Liberty Safe’s accessories, gun safes, and home safes not only make the function of the safe easier, but also enhance the security to better protect your valuables.
We believe a safe should be a once in a lifetime purchase and we have developed an accessory line that will complement that notion and help you modify and customize your safe to fit your needs for a lifetime. From exterior and interior upgrades to replacement parts, we have you covered.
Liberty Safe’s selection of accessories will accommodate every type of safe owner. These gun safe accessories allow customers to customize their safe to meet their specific needs. For customers who want to optimize the interior layout of the safe, we provide a comprehensive line up of interior accessories including Liberty Safe door panels, covers, velvet lined jewelry drawers, electrical outlet kits, LED lighting kits and dehumidifiers. Liberty Safe has also patented a flexible gun safe interior shelving system that allows customers to configure the interior layout in four to six different ways.
For an additional layer of security, safe owners can securely bolt down their gun safe using our anchoring kits. These anchoring kits utilize our safes’ pre-drilled holes and are available for wood and concrete floors. Other items in this category include advanced Liberty Safe locks and electronic locking systems, safe covers.
And for your tactical needs, we offer top of the line Liberty Safe accessories including pistol racks, handgun hangers, rifle rods, mag holders and mounts, bow hangers and ammo canisters. We even offer magnetic gun carrying cases in a variety of sizes. Mounting brackets and AC adapters are also available for our Home Defender handgun vaults.
Help maximize and extend the life of your safe and browse our collection of Liberty replacement parts and accessories today.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
How to choose a home safe | Blog Angstrem
877 Views ,
In every home there are valuable things that we would like to protect from thieves and emergencies. Of course, you can store them in the old fashioned way in a box, chest of drawers or even a wardrobe, but if finances allow, it is better to buy a safe for this purpose. And certainly such an acquisition will be needed by the owners of firearms.
At the same time, the contents will determine the key characteristics of the future safe. So it is safer to put important papers and documents in a fire-resistant model, and money and jewelry in a burglar-resistant one. It is easier to fit a compact safe in an apartment, and to hide from prying eyes – built-in. Let us dwell on the features of different models in more detail in order to make an informed choice.
Burglar resistance class
This is perhaps one of the main characteristics of the safe. After all, we acquire it to ensure the safety of the property placed in the cell.
All products are divided into 8 classes of burglar resistance: the higher it is, the more difficult it will be for an outsider to open or break into the vault. Typically, a safe up to class 3 is chosen for a home. More protected products are distinguished by a fair weight, because the level of resistance increases with the thickness of the walls. It is also affected by the number and reliability of locks.
Usually the burglary resistance class is marked on the safe with the marking H0-H7.
- Class H0 safes can only be installed in guarded premises and are intended for storing small amounts of money, weapons and documents. The thickness of their walls is 5 mm, and the lock is in no way protected from knocking out or drilling.
- The h2 class safes are compact, lightweight models that can be built into furniture. They are often equipped with two locks, an alarm and anchors, and their wall thickness is about 10 mm.
- Class h3 safes are more massive and have concrete fittings. The thickness of their walls is 10-12 mm. They are equipped with a lock and two different locks. Weigh about 90 kg.
- Class h4 safes are used even in enterprises and in exchange offices. The thickness of their walls is 50-70 mm with concrete filling between the layers. Products are equipped with a crossbar locking system and two locks that are almost impossible to knock out or drill out.
- Safes of the fourth class and above are already used in banks and jewelry stores. They are often equipped with additional secret compartments. The thickness of their walls is 100 mm and above, weight – from 200 kg and more.
The second important indicator of storage is its ability to resist fire. The fire resistance class is reflected by the marking: 30B, 90B, 120B, etc., where the number is the time in minutes during which the contents of the safe will be protected from fire. The level of fire resistance depends on the amount of heat-insulating material and seals in the walls of the safe. Given the simple marking, it is not difficult to choose a model that would fully meet the requirements of the future owner.
Please note that fire resistance and burglar resistance are different parameters. If both characteristics are equally important to you, immediately pay attention to fire-resistant models.
After you have decided on the main characteristics of the future safe, you should pay attention to the size. For an apartment, it is better to choose the most compact model, taking into account the size of the future contents. It is easier to hide a small safe from prying eyes in a niche or furniture, to fix it on a wall or floor.
In a private house, a larger structure can be installed if a separate niche or room for it is foreseen in advance. Moreover, you can use several safes for separate storage of securities, money, documents and weapons. Opening each of them will take a lot of time for attackers.
Depending on the size of the room and its characteristics, you can purchase a safe:
The first option is optimal for the home. The built-in design will not take up much space and will be hidden from prying eyes. In addition, the attacker will have to try hard to pull out a well-installed safe from the wall. You can hide it with a picture, a mirror, a shelf with books or another decorative element.
However, when installing a built-in structure, difficulties can arise. First, the wall must be at least 10 cm thicker than the safe. That is, in a thirty-centimeter wall, you can build a safe no more than 20 cm deep.
Secondly, the installation of an embedded structure is not easy and is associated with noise and dust. Therefore, it is better to carry it out at the stage of rough finishing.
If there is no way to build a storage cell into the wall, it is advisable to pay attention to furniture models. In this case, the safe is built into any piece of furniture: a wardrobe, bedside table, table. At the same time, the structure is often screwed not to the furniture itself, but to the wall or floor, and it is quite difficult to tear it off.
Usually this option is chosen out of desperation, for example, if the product is not suitable in size to be built-in. Naturally, such a safe is striking, but you can put more things in it, including large ones. By the way, manufacturers offer safes decorated to look like ordinary furniture. Fitting such a design into the interior is much easier than an iron box.
In order to organize the contents compactly and conveniently, it is advisable to immediately select the appropriate type of storage room. Manufacturers currently offer:
- document safes with several compartments and shelves for storing papers;
- jewelry storage items fitted with drawers with dividers and fabric upholstery;
- deposit safes with a slot for money and a compartment with a key;
- weapon variants with holders for weapons and separate shelves for cartridges and other equipment;
- combined products with different compartments;
- data-safes for magnetic media with special heat- and waterproof chambers for storing flash drives and disks;
- mini-safes with one or two compartments for the essentials.
Type of lock
This feature is closely related to burglary resistance. Manufacturers produce products with different types of locks, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- the key lock opens fairly quickly, does not depend on external conditions, but requires the storage of the key itself;
- code mechanical block is very reliable, but it takes a long time to open and requires good memory, since it is often not equipped with a code reset mechanism;
- coded electronic lock opens faster than a mechanical one and allows you to reset the code using a master key, but depends on power sources and is more sensitive to environmental conditions;
- biometric lock allows you to open the safe in a matter of seconds, but is also very sensitive to water and heat, and besides it is very expensive.
Thus, you can choose the best lock by weighing the pros and cons of different options. For example, if the owner looks into the safe several times a day, he will definitely get bored with a mechanical combination lock very quickly. And if only from time to time, it may be the best option.
What else to look for when buying?
Once you have finally decided which safe you need, carefully study the conditions that the seller announces. After all, you are purchasing a storage box for your valuables, not just an iron box on the market.
The manufacturer must provide laboratory test certificates indicating the burglary and fire resistance class. If there is no corresponding paper, then the safe did not pass the tests or they were not carried out at all. It is also very important that the manufacturer announce acceptable conditions for warranty and post-warranty service in case the key is lost or you forget the code.
Responsible approach to purchasing a safe from a reputable seller, unwillingness to save money and a clear understanding of the required parameters of a storage cell are the main guarantors of the safety of your valuables, documents and media.
8 tips for choosing a safe for your home
Natalia | 03/22/2016 | Updated | Furniture | 50,014 views | 4 comments
Contents of the article
Even if the house or apartment is equipped with the strongest front door and reliable locks, it is not worth keeping documents, securities or money in a conspicuous place. To do this, there are safes that provide excellent protection for all contents. To do the right choice when buying safe , you should first of all decide what will be stored there. This is important because the content determines the type of safe. So, for example, a fire-resistant safe is suitable for storing personal documents and a family photo album, and it is better to entrust money and jewelry to a burglar-resistant one.
When choosing a safe for home use, should take into account a lot of nuances . So, it should not only be reliable, but also should not spoil the interior of the room , but it is better if the safe is generally as inconspicuous as possible. When choosing, you need to take into account the features of the room where the safe will be located, as well as the size of the safe itself, decide on by the type of its placement and the number of things that must be placed in it. It is also important to decide in advance what threatens the property more – burglary or fire, and depending on this, choose a safe with a certain class of burglary or fire resistance. Attention should also be paid to the type of lock, the name of the manufacturer, certificates and warranties.
#1. Burglary resistance class
Safes are divided into burglary resistance 12 classes : the higher the class, the more difficult it will be to open the safe. In addition, some models are marked “0” or “H0”, which means that such a safe practically does not resist burglary, but can be used, for example, to save valuables from the destructive effects of fire.
In the manufacture of safes with a high level of protection against burglary, strong steel sheets with a thickness of about 3 mm are used, the design may include several such sheets, the space between which is filled with concrete. The type of lock used also affects the strength of the safe : coded, electronic, lever, key. For maximum security, the safe must use at least two different types of locks.
As for the required burglary resistance class, class 3 ample safe for home use. If you need to store important documents and considerable amounts of money, then it is better to pay attention to class 4, and for storing jewelry you need to choose a class 5 safe, which is just for this purpose. If the contents of the safe have a very high value, then the 6th class of burglary resistance will be optimal.
#2. Fire resistance class
According to the degree of fire resistance, safes are also divided into 12 classes . To make the product as resistant to fire as possible, manufacturers use steel walls along with a heat insulator and seals. In addition, new solutions are constantly emerging that allow you to create maximum protection for the contents of the safe.
The fire rating is determined by testing and depends on how many minutes the safe can last in a fire. As a rule, the indicator fluctuates within from 60 to 120 minutes . You need to choose a model that will best meet your requirements.
No. 3. Safe size
Choosing the right size safe is very important as it affects how inconspicuous it will be and whether its contents will be safe. So, if we are talking about safe for apartment , it is better to choose a compact version, and great attention must be paid to the reliability of its installation . The safe must be well attached to the wall, floor or niche so that it cannot simply be taken out of the apartment. On the side and rear walls of the safe, there are necessarily special holes for fasteners, and when using anchor bolts, the safe can be installed in the selected location. Safes with a low weight – up to 80 kg are excellent for an apartment.
If you need safe in private house , then the choice is expanded. With a competent approach, at the planning and repair stage, several secluded places for safes can be provided, and then they will not be evident at all. In this case, you can install several safes and store documents, money, jewelry or weapons separately, creating a new level of security. Even if the attackers open one of the safes, you will be able to save the rest of the valuables.
Larger safes can be used in a private house than in an apartment. When choosing, it is worth considering the number and size of stored items, the need for shelves, cash registers, etc. All this is necessary for the most rational use of the space of the safe.
No. 4. Installation method
The next step in choosing the best safe for your home is choosing the installation method, which will depend on the size of the room, its features, and the contents of the safe. To date, for home safes, the following installation methods are mainly used:
Ideal for the home, this is a wall-mounted safe. Firstly, this installation option does not take up extra space. Secondly, the safe will be hidden from prying eyes. Well, pulling a properly installed safe out of the wall is almost impossible – from the point of view of burglary resistance, such an installation provides with the best protection for . You can hide the installation site with a picture or other decorative elements: in this way, the safe will be as safe as possible, and access to it will be easy. However, in addition to the obvious advantages, there are also some difficulties .
Firstly, this is a limitation on the thickness of the wall. According to the installation technology, its thickness should be at least 10 cm more than the depth of the safe, i.e. a safe with a depth of no more than 15 cm can be installed in a main wall 25 cm thick. Secondly, the installation process itself is not easy and is associated with noisy and dirty work. Therefore, it is best to do this at the stage of repair, before the completion of finishing work.
The furniture safe is another good option for the home, and is great if you use the cache often enough. In this case, the safe is built into an existing or new piece of furniture, and at the same time it looks like a regular cabinet.
Freestanding safes are more eye-catching, but at the same time can hold more things. They are much less commonly used in apartments and houses, as they take up a lot of space and can disrupt the harmony of the interior.
No. 5. Type of safe
It is very important to decide in advance what you will store in safe in order to choose the right model. So, today the following main options are popular:
- document safe , which is equipped with several shelves for convenient paper storage;
- safe for valuables , jewelry;
- gun safe . It will be useful for those who are fond of hunting, have cold and firearms at their disposal. There are different models designed to store a different number of weapons of different sizes;
- combined safe is a great option for an apartment, because it has enough functionality to store various kinds of valuables;
- magnetic media safe is designed for storage of flash drives, disks, films. This is a small design that will fit in any apartment and protect all important materials from burglary and fire;
- mini-safe is a great invention for the smallest apartments, whose owners need to keep their money and jewelry safe. These are very compact, lightweight, but at the same time, reliable designs that will ensure high safety for things.
#6. Lock type
An important element of any safe is a lock. To date, the following are considered the main types of locks in safes:
- key lock. In this case, a lever lock is used: it is very reliable, has a low price, and at the same time it is unnecessary to constantly keep a digital combination in your head, as is the case with a combination lock. If the safe is used often enough, then a key lock will make the task much easier, because using a key takes much less time than typing a code. But there are also disadvantages: the key to such a lock will need to be constantly carried with you, or stored in a safe place, but this also needs to be found, and the risk of losing the key remains high;
- coded mechanical lock is simpler because you will never lose the key, because it simply does not exist. It is also unpretentious to environmental conditions, but it is possible to forget a set of code numbers, and more time is spent on unlocking such a safe, because the lock handle will have to be turned many times, and there is no certainty that at this time someone will not be able to peep and memorize the correct combination. If the lock is not programmable, i.e. the code set by the manufacturer cannot be changed, then if it is forgotten, you will have to request it from the manufacturer, and this is long and expensive. Such a lock is suitable for those with a good memory and if things are stored in the safe that do not require regular access;
- coded electronic lock also eliminates the need to store keys, but if the password is forgotten, it is possible to open the safe with a special master key. Such locks can be reprogrammed, they are much faster to open, they have several levels of protection. Among the disadvantages are the price and dependence on batteries, as well as sensitivity to environmental conditions;
- biometric lock can be opened by user identification by fingerprint. There is no need to remember the password or save the key, and the procedure for opening the safe is very fast. At the same time, such locks are very expensive, dependent on batteries and environmental conditions.
It is better if the safe combines at least two types of locks described above.
No. 7. Which manufacturer do you prefer?
The price of a safe depends not only on its technical parameters, but also on the name of the manufacturer. Today, there are several companies on the market whose products have already proven to be of high quality, and they should be trusted, even if the price is 5-10% higher than that of competitors with a little-known name. It is generally accepted that the price of a safe should be about 1/5 of the cost of the things that are stored in it.
Among the proven manufacturers are the following:
- Format is a German company that has long been known in the metal furniture and safes market. It offers several series of safes that are great for home use, differ in size, type of installation, and burglar and fire resistance;
- Technomax is an Italian manufacturer that has been on the market for over 25 years. Offers built-in, floor, furniture safes designed to store weapons, jewelry, documents and money. There are very compact options weighing from 9kg, which are perfect for home use;
- Valberg is a company whose production facilities are located in Russia and Bulgaria. The range is amazing and includes all types of safes: from the most reliable and secure to compact home safes. An affordable price and a wide network of service centers are considered additional advantages of the company;
- Ripost is a company from St. Petersburg, whose products are popular not only among domestic buyers, but also in Europe. Safes are manufactured using innovative technologies and equipped with Italian locks. The company offers a huge selection of safes for home use.
#8. What else to look for when buying?
When you have already decided what type and size of safe you need, already when buying it, you need to take into account a few more important nuances:
- safe should not have visible damage;
- safe must have certificate , which is issued according to the results of laboratory tests and confirms the protective characteristics declared by the manufacturer. If there is no certificate, this means that the safe was not tested or was not successfully passed. In this case, you need to think twice if it’s worth the risk;
- you need to take into account conditions warranty and post-warranty service , because no one is immune from the fact that the key can be lost and the password forgotten. In these cases, the company’s specialists come to the rescue.
A high-quality and reliable safe is worth a lot, but peace and security do not come cheap.